So today I have for you a recipe that I modified from zestbakery.com… a no bake paleo chocolate tarte! This is one my absolute favorites, so much so that right after the baby was born – I was making these up a storm! I couldn’t get enough. I think you’ll feel the same way.
The key to this recipe is having space in your refrigerator to let this bad boy cool and let the coconut oil do its thing. So step one, make enough space in your fridge for your tarte or pie pan. I recommend using one with a removable bottom so you can pop it out. Got that all wrapped up? Alright, well let’s get straight to the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (I recommend Honeyville Grains.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 4oz bar baking chocolate (I recommend Sunspire. It's Fair Trade & Organic!)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (warmed)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- Mix together almond flour, salt, and oil.
- After mixed, then add in maple syrup so that it doesn't solidify the coconut oil.
- Press crust into tarte pan and put in the freezer. While the crust solidifies in the freezer, it's time to get your filling prepped!
- In a small sauce pan, gently melt together the coconut oil and bar of baking chocolate.
- While that is melting, gently microwave your maple syrup in a glass bowl for just a few seconds to warm it so it doesn't solidify things.
- Mix together melted chocolate/oil with the maple syrup, add salt.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs in.
- Return to fridge and let cool for at least 1 hour or until center has hardened. Pull out 5-10 minutes before eating to soften slightly for easier cutting.
Warning, this recipe may cause a chocolate addiction. Be sure to start keeping coconut oil & maple syrup in your house at all times in order to make this recipe on a whim. 😉 I hope you enjoy!