Well, phew, I’m back. I have a kitchen once again. Moving is never easy, but we have survived and it feels SO good to get back into the kitchen. This was the first thing I made in the new kitchen. Simple, pretty, and oh so delicious!
- Fruit (fresh is best. If you use frozen, you will need to use less tea!). Chop it up!
- 3/4c Black tea - I used Numi's Vanilla Decaf for an extra vanilla boost.
- Vanilla bean pod (post scraping)
- 3/4c almond flour
- 1/4c coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean's caviar
- 1-2TB maple or coconut sugar
- Dash of salt
- Do the topping first. Mix together ingredients and set aside.
- Use whatever fruit you have got! Today, I used two apples (diced), about 1/2c rhubarb and 2 cups strawberries. Yay farmers markets!
- Drizzle some coconut oil in the bottom of a casserole dish of the appropriate size.
- Put in your fruit.
- Pour in the tea, put in the vanilla pods, and sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes covered. Then, uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the top starts to golden. Remove vanilla bean pods before serving, of course.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy it while it's warm. Yum!