I love creme fraiche. Like, lovelovelove. I even make my own so that I can make sure it’s organic & grass fed. It’s as easy as adding 4 tablespoons of buttermilk to a pint of heavy cream and letting it sit on the counter overnight in a glass covered container.
I put it in desserts or slap some on top of eggs, but what I REALLY love to use it with are peas. Peas + creme fraiche = heaven, especially when you toss in some parmesan cheese. (There is a saying in our house “A little parm won’t do any harm!”) This is my go to savory snack and sometimes, my lunch when my kids are being squirmy and I don’t have a lot of time. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Onion powder, to taste preference
- Salt & Pepper, to taste preference
- 1. Heat up peas by your preferred method, with thyme. I usually just microwave with thyme in bowl.
- 2. Drain water.
- 3. Stir in creme fraiche, salt, pepper, onion powder, and parmesan.
- 4. Enjoy your healthy-ish snack or serve in a pretty bowl as a flavorful side green side dish!