I am SO sorry my foodie friends. Life has been insane and I haven’t had a chance to come on here and share some recipes. So, to make up for it, I’m going to share one each day up until Christmas. Sound good? Well let’s get to it!
Today, we have a simple recipe that I adapted from the awesome cookbook, Country Cooking of France.
- 2 egg whites, room temperature, whisked until very frothy. More may be needed.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (or more to taste)
- Whisk those egg whites! Prepare a baking sheet with silpat sheets or parchment paper.
- Throw the rest of the ingredients in your food processor. Pulse once or twice to mix it up.
- Now, put your whisked frothy egg whites in there too.
- Pulse until it forms a ball. If it seems to dry, add more whisked egg white.
- Now, run on high for 3-4 minutes until it forms a smooth, sticky paste.
- To bake, I like to put the dough into a pastry bag and squirt out cute little stars. My kiddo loves it, but you can also just roll into small balls and flatten them with your hands.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the site of the cookie. To prevent cracking, you might want to hit the pan on your stove once. That'll get some of those air bubbles out. I personally don't care. I'm all about taste.
- Once they're done, remove and let cool fully. If you used parchment, you can pour some water underneath onto the hot pan to get the cookies to destick.