Alright! Recipe #2 in this last minute Christmas countdown. I never grew up with Christmas spritz cookies, but my husband did. My in laws are here this year and even my MIL approves. Hurrah!
You’ll need a cookie press (or as my son calls it, a cookie gun!) for this recipe. I highly recommend this one. It has served me well for years now.
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg plus 1 additional egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut sugar (If you prefer a sweeter cookie, increase to ⅔ cup)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) softened
- Using stand mixer with whisk attachment, eggs with coconut sugar until it appears dissolved nicely and a little fluffy (about 3 minutes on 4). Gently whisk in butter. Add almond & vanilla extract.
- While things are mixing, in another bowl blend together flours, baking soda and salt.
- Once the wet ingredients are creamy and delicious smelling, slowly mix in the flour mixture. Dough should be thick, but have a fluffy/springiness to it. Use your handy dandy cookie gun to make awesome shapes!
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 mins.