Hello all! After an incredibly busy holiday I have finally been able to play with some of my new kitchen gadgets that gifted by my amazing family. One of my favorite new toys is my Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator. This thing is so easy to use and a lot of fun! I’ve made a few different tasty treats with it and I will be publishing all of them in the coming weeks. But first, here is one that brings back memories of my childhood and is great for kids!
- 2 large overripe pears
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (or 2) Tbsp honey
- coconut oil
- Remove seeds and stems from pears and apple.
- Cut into pieces and place in high-speed blender.
- Add cinnamon and honey.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- If your coconut oil is solid, use a clean plastic bag to spread along the inside of the drying tray. If liquid, pour in a small amount and evenly spread with the bag.
- Pour blended fruit into the drying tray until about 3/8" thick.
- Dry at 135 degrees. Check after 4 hours. If still wet, continue drying for up to 8 hours. Mine took about 6.