Hi folks! Sorry for the delay in this next recipe. I have been away at Disney World for the past week and did not have a second to spare. What an amazing time! Great food, great shows/rides, and just such a feel good, happy experience. The chefs at WDW are incredibly accommodating for folks with allergies and while I didn’t eat 100% Paleo the entire time, I did have some amazing gluten-free choices. The fish that they cook there is some of the best fish I’ve ever had in my entire life! Well, back to the real world now!
I figured today I would post one of my favorite recipes. This one is true comfort food and really hits the spot! A few weeks back, Michelle shared a recipe with me for Parsnip Noodles as I was looking for a less “wet” alternative to zucchini noodles. They were super quick and easy and quite delicious. You can go to the following link for the recipe: Parnsip Noodles from Cooking Stoned.
Go ahead and prepare a bunch of noodles for this yummy recipe and then follow these step-by-step instructions for the stroganoff!
- 1/2 lb parsnip noodles (or zucchini noodles)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (or organic butter)
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried shallots
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms (shiitake, bella, cremini)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup marsala or red wine
- ½ cup sour cream *optional but recommended
- salt, pepper, thyme, parsley to taste
- Prepare either parsnip noodles or zucchini noodles.
- Melt the oil or butter in a large skillet.
- Chop the onion and add to the skillet with a little salt.
- Sautee onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and dried shallots and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add flour & stir for 1 minute.
- Add wine and let reduce by half.
- Add seasonings & broth and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, add noodles and mix well.