Okay, so this next recipe is not exactly Paleo but it is one of my absolute favorite “cheat” meals. This recipe was inspired by one that my husband’s best friend makes “Chickpeas & Israeli Cous Cous. Obviously, cous cous is the farthest thing from paleo so I wanted to find a suitable alternative that would have health benefits. Quinoa is one of those things that isn’t exactly paleo but I allow it in my diet because of the protein benefits. Beans are one of those things that I try to limit as much as possible but I do allow myself to have occasionally.
So here it is. Super simple, pretty quick, and extremely filling!
- Small Onion
- 1 cup of Organic chili peppers & tomatoes (either canned or fresh. You can also use Rotel if you don't have anything else)
- 1 large can of Chickpeas
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Dice a small onion and sauté it with a little salt in a medium sized pot.
- Drain a can of chili peppers & tomatoes and add it to the pot with some salt & pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Start cooking the quinoa according to package directions in a separate pot.
- Add paprika, smoked paprika and cumin to the onion, tomato and chili pepper mix. Cook a couple minutes.
- Drain a can of chickpeas and add it to the mixture and cook 15 more minutes.
- Add white wine to taste.
- When cooked, pour over quinoa and enjoy!