Happy Mother’s Day! I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother’s Day Weekend and were treated well.
I woke up to a wonderful breakfast in bed and a brand new All-Clad 13 inch non-stick french skillet! Does my family know how to treat me right or what? I can’t wait to make some yummy recipes with my new toy!
So, let’s get to the good stuff. Today, I wanted to share a super easy to prepare recipe that makes a great snack: Eggplant Chips! Even though the prep time is over an hour, it’s inactive prep time so you can do other stuff while the eggplant is drying. Feel free to cook for longer if you desire a crispier chip. I like mine a little mushy so I can fold the eggplant over and use it as a scoop for the tomato sauce. (PS: Look for my homemade tomato sauce recipe coming soon!)
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- Organic Olive Oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut eggplant into ¼ inch thick slices and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt on top and let sit for 30 minutes on each side. Make sure you add more salt after you flip.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- After letting eggplant sit, pat dry with paper towel.
- Spray non-stick pan with olive oil spray. Pam sells an organic one now.
- Place the eggplant in the pan making sure not to overlap. Spray olive oil on top well.
- Bake for 15 minutes each side until browned.
- Serve with some homemade tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes.