As I sit here on this rainy, gloomy, cold Memorial Day Weekend, I wish I could be on a beach somewhere, sipping a yummy treat, relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. But I’m not. I’m in the Northeast where we are supposed to have a low of 45 tomorrow. Nice…..
So, I might as well pretend I’m on some tropical island….instead of Long Island. So, I’m just gonna sit back on my swivel chair, use these scripts to kick my feet up, and sip this amazing Tropical Green Smoothie that was SUPER easy to make. Bonus: It’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and veggies & fruits to make you feel good!
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (Goya is fine)
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I recommend Sun Warrior Protein - it's Raw/Vegan and good!)
- 1-2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 banana diced
- 1 small peach diced
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup of diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup of diced strawberries
- Dice all the fruit, or if you are short on time, use frozen fruit. If using frozen, make sure there is no added sugar.
- Using a Vitamix or similar blender, combine between 1/4 cup of coconut milk up to the full can depending on your taste. Add water to bring level up to 2 cups.
- Add 1 cup of ice if using fresh fruit. Less if you like a thinner smoothie. Adjust to your own personal taste.
- Toss in 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach.
- Add 1-2 scoops of protein powder of your choice.
- Add juice from large orange, followed by the rest of the fruit. The fruit should equal about 2 cups as well.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Sit back and enjoy!